phpChart does NOT required GD or any other third party, server-side graph library or extension. It is strongly recommended to read the Programming Quick Tips first before proceeding to the below online documentation.
phpChart Joomla! Extension Documentation
The Joomla! Extension documentation is available in this PDF phpChart Lite Joomla Installation Guide.pdf.
Programming Quick Tips
- It is strongly recommended to leave doctype declaration <!DOCTYPE HTML> right before tag <HTML> to force browser into HTML5 Standards mode.
- Each PHP chart must have an unique id associating to corresponding DIV as the draw area. It’s set as the 2nd parameter in phpChart constructor.
- Look and feel, and most of the cosmetics can also be controlled using CSS .e.g .jqplot-point-label
- Most of functions parameters are PHP array.
- Except numbers, all properites should be surrounded by double or single quotes.
- Plugins without “Renderer” suffix in their names should be loaded using add_plugins() method. e.g. add_plugins(array(“highlighter”, “cursor”));
- Different renderer has different renderer options(rendererOptions). Each plugin may add its own set of rendererOptions attributes.
- When loading renderer, use plugin:: prefix to indicate a plugin used.
- Custom js should be added before ending <body> tag between <script> tags; or can be added through phpChart add_custom_js() method(less convenient).
- All js files should be named in lower case so they works on both *nix and Windows system
- The default label renderer creates labels in DIV tags, which allows full CSS control over every label.
- Use CanvasTextRenderers to replace the default label renderer to draw labels onto canvas elements to support advanced featrues such as rotated text. However, it loses CSS support.
- Tick options(tickOptions) are only used by Axes object. A tick represents a data point.
- Some renderer are designed to represent 3D dimensional data such as Bubble Chart.
- for Date Axes render plugin, it’s recommended to specify both date and time.
- Cursor plugin also enables plot zooming functionality
- Built-in data renderer(dataRenderer) allows data from external JSON source such as retrieving from a external URL through AJAX.
- Some plugins can trigger events using bind_js() function. e.g. http://www.jqplot.com/docs/files/plugins/jqplot-donutRenderer-js.html
- jqplotDataMouseOver – triggered when user mouseing over a slice.
- jqplotDataHighlight – triggered the first time user mouses over a slice, if highlighting is enabled.
- jqplotDataUnhighlight – triggered when a user moves the mouse out of a highlighted slice.
- jqplotDataClick – triggered when the user clicks on a slice.
- jqplotDataRightClick – tiggered when the user right clicks on a slice if the “captureRightClick” option is set to true on the plot.
- canvasTextRenderer is the only renderer that has no renderer options but ends with ‘Renderer’ suffix